Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A Face To A Name

i was on a course on thursday (not the best in the world!!) when i started talking about how good this site is etc when to my right i was asked "your not debatwrittle are you?" then passed a piece of paper saying 'i'm shiny'!!! it was great to meet a fellow member of the overworked, underpaid, low budgeted, addicted to work and of course the forum club, who just so happens to work very near to me and i'm going to her setting next week on another course! :o thanks shiny for the pm i have sent one back but i dont know if i did it right!!! i think this forum is the best!! xD

It's great to meet, isn't it - especially by accident!

I've had that three times recently, although none work or are based near me, we've just met at courses and tutorials. They all realised who I was (wonder why??), but I don't know their user names, so that's a bit pants!! Everyone - If you're one of them, pm me!!

Sue :o

thats how Maz and i met on our interview for FD :o

and look at how that turned out, Hali! xD

How far we've come.

I was at a conference at Pen Green today and wondered if any of you were there. I only decided to go late last night so didn't have time to post on here to see if anyone was going. Didn't even have enough time to practice my secret handshake!

Maz

I did actually think about going to that but I think the price put me off! What was it about again?

I was about 'saying now to tick box assessment' in the EYFS. Ruth Pimentel was speaking, as was a lady from New Zealand - very interesting to see how Te Whariki has changed their whole approach.

Lots about learning journeys and use of photos and videos for assessing children's learning...

The next steps for my learning will be to visit New Zealand and see it in action! I met a lady who said that her borough had funded a trip for one teacher and nursery nurse from five settings to visit NZ to see what its all about. 'Green with envy' doesn't do it justice!

Great, twelve hour day but worthwhile. Our borough had offered funding for interested practitioners, although I was taking the place of someone who was unfortunately unwell and couldn't attend.

One thought, Wolfie: perhaps next time you should ask your LA to fund a conference like that as part of their EYPS development/support function? I'm sure you could persuade them on the basis of sharing your new-found knowledge with other practitioners!

Maz