Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Visit For Variation Request

I have recently asked for an urgent variation request so that I can take on the care of a 3 year old girl before school every morning and after on two nights a week. This means that I will be one over my numbers for an under 5 for 1 hour in the morning and half an hour on the two nights after school. I wrote a four page letter explaining the full routine, risk assessment of the journey to school and a run down of all of the minded children. Ofsted called and are coming to see me, which has worried me a bit as other people I know have had their variation request agreed over the phone.

Has anyone else on here had an Ofsted inspector come and see them in order to agree a variation request ? If so, what should I expect ? I want to be as prepared as possible, I really want to take on this little girl as she is lovely and her parents are desperate. She also has an older sister who will be coming to me before and after school so it would be in the children's interests to stay together.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated !!

Guest lesboyle
I have recently asked for an urgent variation request so that I can take on the care of a 3 year old girl before school every morning and after on two nights a week. This means that I will be one over my numbers for an under 5 for 1 hour in the morning and half an hour on the two nights after school. I wrote a four page letter explaining the full routine, risk assessment of the journey to school and a run down of all of the minded children. Ofsted called and are coming to see me, which has worried me a bit as other people I know have had their variation request agreed over the phone.

Has anyone else on here had an Ofsted inspector come and see them in order to agree a variation request ? If so, what should I expect ? I want to be as prepared as possible, I really want to take on this little girl as she is lovely and her parents are desperate. She also has an older sister who will be coming to me before and after school so it would be in the children's interests to stay together.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated !!

Dont worry! It is perfectly normal for Ofsted to come and visit, particularly in the case of going over your numbers. You will just need to show that you are able to meet the standards for all the other children in your care and that it wont be compromised by having this additional child for a short space of time. Some providers are able to have their variation agreed over the phone if Ofsted think the risk and impact on the children is minimal or sometimes if additional proof such as room plans etc can be sent in writing. But in your case the only way they can really be sure that you are able to look after the children is through coming to see you - it's not personal. Good luck, I'm sure you will be fine.

Lesley

Guest jane707

As Lesley says, their reaction to variation requests does vary - I have a friend who was visited because there was a question mark over how much usable space she had to accommodate another mindee.

She was able to reassure Ofsted that everything would be fine and her request was granted.

Good luck with the visit - it will probably be very quick, just have risk assessments etc out and ready :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)