Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Doubt In Cd

Hi everyone,

It has been a pity that I haven't been able to come around the forum for a long time, but things have been very busy this school year. I have a doubt about a Green Stepping Stone and would greatly appreciate your kind help.

What do you understand or expect by:

-Uses ideas involving fitting, overlapping, in, out, enclosure, grids and sun-like shapes.

Some examples?

Thanks in advance :o

Edited by Steve

Hi,

This is interesting, as I've not really been too sure what was meant by this... I look to examples of developing drawing where 'sun ray' type lines come out of heads and parts of bodies (Portage have a very useful handout), but not convinced about it's validity - not that I'm questioning a document I otherwise find very user-friendly.

Nice to see you again, Smiley PR!

Sue

Agree with Sue R on the sun ray type lines, or maybe it's the next step from when children tend to draw just circles and lines hapharzardly on paper to then develop to placing the circles / lines together in a more purposeful ( in terms of childs own creative goals) way. xD

The overlapping and fitting I would often see when children would draw/paint on paper then fold and fold over and over again, making a pretend letter/present and sometimes cutting lots of bits of paper to place into their folded paper.

Enclosures are often seen when the child paints draws a 'frame' around their picture, or fitting stickle bricks / lego into square / rectangular frame constructions, or placing small blocks into 'frame' shapes.

in/out could be weaving, or placing collage items inside or outside a drawn shape on their paper or collage boxes, or think of different ways children model with dough.

grids is a tricky one, can't say I really observed children independently forming grids that often, we as adults would draw them for maths games or for displays where we showed graphs say of how many children like listed fruits etc. Not sure if drawing criss cross lines, or placing string / wool /tape in a criss cross fashion could be classed as forming grids. :o

Peggy

WOW! Thanks to both of you!

Boy, Peggy, you are an expert in the area :o . I wonder why I didn't think xD of this when the words relate so easily to the actions, in most cases. My brains seem to become frozen.. haha.

your welcome SmileyPR, and I don't think your brain is frozen, it's just that the 'words' don't easily fit with the context of children, play, fun, learning. ie: to observe and write 'the child has formed a grid.........' doesn't sound quite child like does it. xD:(:o

Peggy

This whole stepping stone says 'graphic schemas' to me. In that context, grids would be things like ladders, nets and train tracks in children's drawings. So I think Peggy's criss-crossed string etc would be valid.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)