Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Coloured Sand

Hi

We were looking at making some coloured sand sculptures like you can get in the isle of wight. Does anyone know where i can get cheap coloured sand or some small bottles. We have tried making the coloured sand by colouring salt, this does work well so may be an option but we need some bottles to put them in. any ideas?

Had a flyer for this looks interesting.. not tried it though..

Crazy sand

Inge

Is that the stuff that dries as soon as you take it out of the water? My kids had some for christmas - it's brill but can't actually remember what it was called.

Sally

Have you tried adding food colouring to sand? I think we did that last year when we did Diwali (used it for Rangoli patterns on the floor) . I'm sure that's how we made it coloured.

Is that the stuff that dries as soon as you take it out of the water? My kids had some for christmas - it's brill but can't actually remember what it was called.

Sally

no , its like the Isle of Wight sand bottles, you can buy the bottles too and they are plastic. (click on link above)

Inge

I bought coloured sand from NES Arnold. Its called safari sand and cost £11.00 +vat for a bag.

I think they have green, blue, pink, orange, yellow and red. When I ordered it the only colour that wasn't sold out was orange. We use it in the tuff spot.

I'm pretty sure we got some big bags of sand from TTS catalogue. It was quite cheap compared to other places I'd seen it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)