Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning

Help went on a EYFS course hoping to leave there feeling confident and clear on how i was going to go about my planning but left there none the wiser. I got home researched on the net and started pieceing bits together and thought i was heading down the right track but have just got back from a group meeting and i am now not so sure. Is anyone willing to share how they go about short term and long term planning. I was doing my long term planning around the 4 areas of the EYFS producing a A4 sheet for each main daily activity i do such as sleep time, role play, nappy time, meal times etc and how i covered the 4 areas. But someone said at the meeting they did not agree and that it should be done round the 6 areas of development. Also i wondered how people do short term planning i am using the method on BCMA web site.

Guest stephlewis1

Hiya, I'm a children's centre teacher helping to support various people imlpement EYFS. I am currently working with childminders on how their planning will look come September. On my EYFS training we were told that daily planning should be based around the 6 areas of development. The 4 unique themes will be covered in your continuous provision planning. So you will have one plan for something you do all the time, such as snack time/meal times and this stays the same every day. All I can say is what we are doing but having been on a few forums recently everyone seems to be doing it in a different way depending on which county you are in and who led your EYFS training. I'd like to attach copies of what I am talking about but am new to this and can't see how to do it! If anyone can tall me how I'll put them on for you!

Good luck!

hi and welcome im a childminder and for me i plan 4 weeks activities which are child led using the six areas of learning which i link with the four unique themes into as well i also have a weekly plan (which is your daily routine) which is the four unique themes.includes washing hands,toilet,snack nap time etc......

Hi thanks for all your responces it seems i have been going down the same route and not that of the person at last nights meeting. I have attached the sample of a long term plan i got on my EYFS training which i have started to do for the other normal daily activities.

Edited by Guest

Thanks yes i have that book it is very good it covers all the 6 areas of development so is handy for obs and short term planning. Just wanted to add that if anyone wants to attach any plans they would like to share as Stephlewis above said. But are having difficulty you need to right click on the file in your documents and select 7-zip and compress it into a zip file. Hope this helps thanks in advance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)