Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Model Constitution

Guest Wolfie

Guest Wolfie

Has anyone got a model constitution that they wouldn't mind sharing, that governs the running of their pre-school group?

I'm helping a pre-school setting with a bid for some funding and they need to adopt a constitution - I know the PLA have one but that's just for their members isn't it?

Edited by Wolfie

I was under the impression that any constitution had to be approved by the Charity Commission if the pre-school was a registered charity. The PLA one has been pre-approved, if you like, to make it easier for groups to adopt it without needing to refer back to the CC. Assuming the pre-school in question is planning to be a registered charity or is one is there anything to stop you using the PLA one as guidance for writing your own and then submitting it to CC for approval, also assuming you have the time scale for this.

Guest Wolfie

Thanks for that everyone. The group in question is not currently a member of the PSLA but I'm now wondering whether that might be a good solution all round - I'll put it to them next week.

In the meantime, if anyone else has a different constitution, I'd love to look at it..... :o

ours is a form of the PLA one but which was adapted for our setting and approved.by both PLA and charity commission . only real difference is division of any items/funds should we close which does not go to PLA in our case but local school and community. Otherwise it does read the same.

Having said ours do not go to PLA this week we recieved funds via PLA from 2 local settings closing .

Inge