Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Friday The 13th

Hi

My partner is dreadfully superstitious and he has been a nervous wreck today (and it's not over yet!). Just wondering if anyone else gets stressed about Friday 13th or any other superstitions?

Sally

no, not really.........................my daughter had to go to the dentist today though, with a suspected abcess, and they have told her she has a problem with her jaw, following wisdom teeth extraction, so she has to go to hospital for tests .But, no abcess,so i'd say that's lucky!!

I saw my window cleaner peering in through my net curtains so I went out to pay him and walked right under his ladder...............but no, I'm not really superstitious. Finished the first four parts of my latest FD assignment and the words flowed like water!! :o

no im not suspicious but had a bad week ...daughter .. became a lady so tears all round there!! both of us very emotional about it all...

Assignment handed in today and then rushed off to visit cemetry as my nan passed away a year ago today then whist there sitting quietly contemplating life got a phone call from my sons girlfriend to say could i pick him up as he was poorly... rushed off to get him

............. took one look at him - he was drunk!!!!

So spent all afternoon clearing up after him and washing!!!!

he finished his gces drank 1 1/2 stellas (never touched a drop in his life) ..... xD

he is now dying in bed saying .. never again (of course i replied) :(:o

cant take anymore this week!

Oh hali, poor you. What a trying week. Hope the weekend proves to be more relaxing and enjoyable. I had the same thing with my son last year only I got the call at 3am and he was about 15 miles away. I was absolutely furious at the time especially as I had to try and get him in the car and he's over 6ft and I'm an optimistic 5ft 2! Have to say, his suffering made up for my inconvenience and we've both had a laugh about it since. He also said never again - hasn't done it since YET.

Hopefully next week will be a better one.

Sally

No 13 lucky for us. :( ...married on Friday 13th at 1300 hours after being together 13 years!! We only had 5 children though...come on I am not that superstitious. :oxD:(

Guest Wolfie

Oh Hali your post has made me smile! I can remember my son saying he was NEVER going to drink after seeing his cousin worse for wear at a family wedding....a comment that has come back to haunt him many times since then!

And Shiny...so you didn't have to say "Good morning, Mr Magpie, please give my best regards to your wife and children" then??

Edited by Wolfie

thanks - hes feeling very sorry for himself and grounded for the weekend (can help feeling sorry for him though) :o

Hubby told me to produce him with a bottle of stella with his roast dinner tomorrow - horrid hey!!! xD