Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Lasting Memories

I recieved a postcard today from a former child (that reduced me to tears of pride) it said

"I have just been to see Claude Monets garden and it is as magical as you said, thankyou because if it wasnt for you i would never have known about it or ever seen it"

This child is now in year three at school and i remember him telling me that when he was a big boyhe would go to see Claude Monets garden.

It is heartwarming to think he still remembers nursery and the knowledge we learnt and shared together.

He tells me his next trip will be to see Edgar Degas "Marie the little dancer"!!!.

Guest Wolfie

That's lovely! Just goes to show how much you touch and influence little lives, doesn't it! I bet you're still smiling about it! :o

thats wonderful, you do wonder how much the children remember about their experiences in early years as they experience new wonders every day, i keep feeling very fortunate to be apart of these young lives even if it is only for a short time, they come in to pre school never really leaving mums side and go to school with confidence and experience that we have been able to nurture how lucky we are, it makes it all worth while :o

what a wonderful card, and what lovely replies to this thread. :o

It displays how we all can have such a wonderful impact on the children in our care, and the responsibility that comes with it. One of my pre-school children came up to me today and said "I really love you" - going to be a lot os tears come July when they all leave xD Dot

This brought a lump to my throat too.

I'm always bumping into past and present children in our village and parks and often jump when a small hand reaches into mine as a little person sneaks up behind me.

To recieve postcards like yours jojom is on my wish list permanently.

Be very proud of yourself. :o