Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Creative Transport

Our topic is transort - in literacy we are writing a non fiction book as a class about types of transport. For KUOW we are sending vehicles down a ramp and see how far they travel with different amount of weight in. Our PSHE focus is road safety and in numeracy we are conducting a traffic survey. I am now stuck trying to think of a creative focus so far we have role played grages, done observational drawings of car parts, done printing with tyres etc.. i have run out of ideas of what to do next weeek in creatie

Please help!!

Lola

We did 'wheels on the bus' as a group of the children were playing buses. We sang the song and the children made tickets and drew pictures of the places they'd like to go to on the bus. They took turns at being the driver. They were very imaginative - we even went to the planet candyfloss!! It was a very spontaneous adventure and one the children really enjoyed.

Sally

our children looked at the engine of a car and then 're created it' using boxes, straws paint, tubes etc etc using their ideas on what to use. to help we took pictures of an engine or rather they did of my car and we printed it for them to use as a reference if they wanted to.

ours seem to be making racing cars from chairs at present but they have about 10 seats in them.. they definitely say they are racing cars! and go on a picnic!! We have now followed this for a while and run out of steam, having done picnics ,cars, travel speed etc etc but they continue with the play. other half are into Rapunzel... makes a very interesting session running with the children!! we ended up with Rapunzel in a racing car and trying to get to her prince!!

Inge

We re-wrote as a group 'wheels on the bus 'as the children have gone in the direction of the building site with our Transport learning wall.

The digger on the site goes up and down....

The excavator on the site goes side to side...

The foreman on the site goes 'time for tea'

To follow on from this and our trip to a station today I'm going to do the journey on the train in body noises, introduce sound journey prompt cards and then throw in some instruments (first carpet session and second 2 hopefully as extentions on outside play )

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)