Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Would It Be?

Following on from my 'Our Song' thread, jojom has an 'our'song', Hello (Lional richie) for her daughter Samantha, so ........

What song fits your child/ren?

Off the top of my head, I'd have these for mine.

Ellis - Your so vain ( takes after his mum) :(

Cheryl - Your my best friend (don't know if this is a title or part of the lyric) She knows me well (stepdaughter)

Tony - In the Army ( guess what, he's a soldier)

My foster children (confidentiality I shan't name them as their 'collective - sibling group' names may identify them)

Youngest girl (age 5) - My perogative Bobby Brown ( she's very confident :( ) My perogative

youngest boy (age 10) - I am Special Song - he has special needs and he recently talked to me about God which he's learnt about at school "because his teacher says"

(sing to the tune of Frere Jacques)

I am special (point to yourself)

I am special

Don't you see? (make binoculars with your fingers)

Don't you see?

Someone very special (hands out to the side, palms up)

Someone very special

'Cause God (point to heaven) made me (point to yourself)

God made me!

middle boy (age 12) - The Lazy song - he's a bit demotivated but always wants to please. HERE

oldest boy (age 13.5) - Phil Collins - Gorilla Drummer -

He plays this lots and it portrays his emotions where his is learning to control his anger, which builds just like the songs tempo. He is doing really well since living with us, and we are proud of how he has changed his attitude and controls his temper. He is however much better looking than the gorilla, in fact he's quite a handsome young lad who has many female admirers at school. ( so no doubt he will have some romantic 'our songs' soon xD:o )

Ben (age 6, nearly 7) my grandson - The Crazy frog song,

and/or Crazy Horses OSMONDS

- He loves the first one and he's a very 'active', excitable, funny sense of humoured young boy.

Well, I enjoyed thinking about these and I also learnt that if you put 'song' and one other descriptive word ie: 'lazy' or 'special' into google search it comes up with lots of results of different songs. :( . So, if you are looking for a special song to represent someone or how you feel, why not try it.

Peggy

Richard wants to be a millionaire and squirrels away every penny, even his lunch money!.

Monty Pythons Money fits him MONEY

Sam isnt quite like this now, but it fitted for so long I've just got to include it

:o

Well,

For 3 of my children collectively it has to be Michael Bolton's 'Soul of my soul' which acknowledges the ups and downs of parent/child relationships with the chorus going...

Soul of my soul

heart of my heart

greatest treasure of my life - or (some kind of miracle of life that's what you are) in subsequent chorus

Soul of my soul

child of my heart

I love you more than you know

Soul of my soul

The words 'there'll be a time when you'll be on your own, in your heart your never far from home, every road you take, every living day....soul of my soul.....' are particularly poignant for me at the moment as my eldest has just flown the nest and moved into a flat with his girlfriend. Which I know he was ready for.

I couldn't really not have this song for my much wanted baby girl - now a teenager going on 20 arggghhhh...!

My Sarah - by Thin Lizzy

Never give Up - Yolanda adams

"So, keep the dream alive don't let it die

If something deep inside keeps inspiring you to try

Don't stop

And never give up; don't ever give up on you...

Sometimes life can place a stubborn block on your way

But you've gotta keep the faith

Bring what's deep inside your heart

To the light"

My son now 23 had cancer at 21, when doing his finals at uni he was also in Hospital having surgery. After initial "why me?" he has always been positive helping others even when having chemotherapy, finding a job after diagnosis, keeping going, changing his whole life and his plans for jobs , now eventually exactly 2 years later lots of job applications he has a job he really wants which allows him to travel and see the world. (He's a Marine geologist)

He has kept going never given up, found a positive in every turn and at last beginning to enjoy life again.

Inge

Edited by Inge

:o Megan My 9 year old daughter going on 16!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh "She's the devil in disguise" or it is she looks like an angel form Elvis Presley . She looks like butter wouldn't melt but the attitude is horrendeous!!!!!!!!! and my 2 and a half year old son Oliver knows nearly every word to Nickleback "I just want to be a big rock star" Yes and the not so polite words to and he loves that song called "Fasination" I don't know who its by but he sings it all of the time. My daughter is very into "Hannah Montana " and our lounge becomes a stage when she uses the remote contraols as microphones to sing along Oh to be young again!!!!!!!!!!!.

Never give Up - Yolanda adams

"So, keep the dream alive don't let it die

If something deep inside keeps inspiring you to try

Don't stop

And never give up; don't ever give up on you...

Sometimes life can place a stubborn block on your way

But you've gotta keep the faith

Bring what's deep inside your heart

To the light"

My son now 23 had cancer at 21, when doing his finals at uni he was also in Hospital having surgery. After initial "why me?" he has always been positive helping others even when having chemotherapy, finding a job after diagnosis, keeping going, changing his whole life and his plans for jobs , now eventually exactly 2 years later lots of job applications he has a job he really wants which allows him to travel and see the world. (He's a Marine geologist)

He has kept going never given up, found a positive in every turn and at last beginning to enjoy life again.

Inge

How proud you must be Inge, what an inspiration and a true knock to all those who are negative about the younger generation. :o

Peggy

My darling daughter is now a teenager - with all those hormonal ups and downs and a BIG attitude!! I have Psycho Girl by Busted as the ringtone allocated to her :o

She's my psycho girl

My psycho girlfriend

EVERYTHING I SAY

SHE TAKES IT THE WRONG WAY

She's my psycho girl

My living nightmare

She's everything I need

But I can't stand her

I took her to see them in concert and we had a great time together (pre-teen!) so it's not as harsh as it sounds and she finds it funny - honest xD

Nona