Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Electronic Assessment

HI

I wonder if anyone has come across any decent software for assessing electronically children's progress in Nursery. We are looking for something for our Nursery. I have seen Target tracker and this looks good but wondered if there are any alternatives.

I am a Reception teacher and use the e profile which is very effective but does not allow you to go back from the ELG's. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated if there is anything out there on the market. Or do we need something developed to help us with tracking our assessments

Hi Tricky7 and welcome!

I believe Birmingham were trialling a nursery profile of some description but not sure of any other details. Presumably you are looking for all the other fancy bits that eprofile gives you?

Guest Wolfie

Two of the maintained nurseries in our area use the "Essex Tracker" - not sure of any details but they both seem to find it workable.

weclome tricky7, thanks for making your first post. Birmingham do have a pre profile called Progress towards the profile which is exactly like the eprofile but with more statements at the beginning between the 1,2 and 3 points. I think it may only be available in Birmingham at the moment though.

Having said that I think we will see a quite big shift in LAs producing assessment and tracking type materials in the near future and Id be very tempted to say hold on and wait before you go and invest large sums of money in something that your LA may bring out for free.

I think its case of watch this space.

Thanks for the replies

I have heard about the nursery profile in Birmingham but had tried to get a copy but have not been able to find it.

I have ideas for what we could do with to assess in both nursery and Reception and would like a more advanced version of the e-profile.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)