Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Access Interruption To The Fsf

Steve

Hi all -

In recent months we've noticed at times that the FSF has slowed down when lots of people are logged in.

So over the next day or two we're moving to a new and much more powerful server which should see these problems disappear. We don't anticipate any significant disruption to availability but I'd like to let you know what is happening in the event of any problems with access.

I'd also be very grateful for feedback over the next couple of weeks to let us know if you've noticed the change. :o

Guest Wolfie

Oooh, that sounds good, Steve! I've often noticed recently that the whole thing has slowed up, so thank you for taking steps to fix it! :o

And I thought it was my computer internet access going slow. Glad something is being sorted, I may try to find an internet cafe in Greece to see if it is sorted out.

Beth

Guest Wolfie

Oooh, Beth, I'd say that's going beyond the call of duty...though I would be tempted too! :o

Oooh, Beth, I'd say that's going beyond the call of duty...though I would be tempted too! :o

Ummm Wolfie yes it is a little temping to visit the forum when on holidays. Know me I won't find an internet nearby, so I will have to wait until I get back.

Beth

aha, that explains why I had to log in again. (I normally close without logging out)

I hadn't noticed things had slowed up, but maybe that's due to my slower pace of life now. :oxD

Peggy

Bit later than anticipated, but the upgrade to a new server is scheduled for tomorrow morning. There should only be a brief interruption to FSF availability but just in case I'm letting you know now! :o

Thanks Steve, and good luck from me too. Now will the new server make my typing speed any faster?? ( that shows how much I know about things so technical. :o )

Peggy

Thanks Steve, and good luck from me too. Now will the new server make my typing speed any faster?? ( that shows how much I know about things so technical. :o )

Peggy

I'm hoping it will make my brain speed a little faster!! xD:(

Peggy and Shiny may well have noticed that their brain and typing speeds haven't changed. Sorry chaps but it didn't happen this morning.

Definitely tomorrow, probably!

Ok chaps. We're now running on the new server. Shouldn't be any noticeable difference except, hopefully, faster response when there are lots of people on. Let me know if you have any problems, or if you notice the improvement. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)