Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Continuous Provision

hello, i'm still tying to get my head around what we are 'supposed' to do! should i be planning for continuous provision enhancements? and how often should I be adding enhancements? does anyone have a planning format for this they could share. hope someone can help me i often have these moments of confusion!!! :o

I don't have a formal plan for my continuous provision... add things as I hear or observe children's interests and most of the resources we have are available for the children to get as they require.

I tried using a format from here once... but felt it was a paper exercise as you have to fill it in afterwards and we plan for ourselves to inform what we are doing rather than for the sake of it.

I would be interested to see what others think.

You will only know if you need enhancements from observing how the children are accessing the continuous provision and what use they are making of it. Think of the enhancements as "next steps" to extend learning.

hello! I am going to try and download/upload the continous [provision sheet we use...this one was aqually filled in and used...but if you like it you can just use the format or re-jig it. ok now for the upload...also we write any adjustments/enhancements in the "significant observation to inform planning" We write it as we go along and add anything else after discussion after our planning meeting.

Provision_Areas_in_Nursery_table_1_week_1.doc

hello! I am going to try and download/upload the continous [provision sheet we use...this one was aqually filled in and used...but if you like it you can just use the format or re-jig it. ok now for the upload...also we write any adjustments/enhancements in the "significant observation to inform planning" We write it as we go along and add anything else after discussion after our planning meeting.

You know how sometimes you can see something that's really quite similar to what you've seen before, and even kind of similar to what you already do but it's just slightly laid out differently or with different headings or somethings and things suddenly become so much clearer? (No? Maybe it's just me...) Anyway, that's what happened when I looked at your plan so thank you Jenny! :o

Like the planning Jenny.

Can I just ask as your continuous provision is so detailed do you also do focus activities alongside this?

How often do you change the CP?

Guest Wolfie

Thank you Jenny...I'm very envious that you've got an "outside" AND a "garden"! Lucky thing! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)