Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Highscope Or Forest Schools

I wondered if you could give me your opinion on which one to do. I have to choose a curriculum, analysis it and say how it links in to the new EYFS....I can't decide which one to use.... what would you choose.... Highscope or Forest schools my other option was Te whariki but i don't know much about this one....

my other option was Te whariki but i don't know much about this one....

This is really interesting - very family/community based. I read up on it as my partner is a kiwi - there are some good NZ sites with loads of info. I would imagine there would be lots of links to EYFS but as Marion has said, best to go with whatever interests you the most.

Sally

I would also do some brief research and see which area throws up the most information (from a variety of high quality sources) to enable you to go into some depth. That subject is more likely to offer you the most scope for discussion...

Good luck!

Maz

Hi Narnia

I have the other 3, but just don't know what to do for the 4th.... i have notes everywhere on the other 3 but no actual essay pulled together yet... only have 7 days left to complete... times ticking away so quickly... and working everyday next week from 7.30 till 4.30pm plus one evening at college and 2 evening meetings... i can see i'm going to be having some late nights to complete this.... hope your doing better than me...

Guest Wolfie

There seems to be a lot of literature around at the moment about Forest Schools.....I'm sure that a recent edition of EYE had a whole supplement about the subject.

yes, the June issue has a nice article about Forest schools.............

Simcity, no, i am well behind, two essays to finish this week,(and, like you, working all week) and had to rush hubby to hospital today, he had a severe asthma attack, and was struggling to breathe, inhalers didn't do any good at all.......................got there and they stripped him off for an ecg, as they were concerned about his heart, but at least that was ok. he's now tucked up in bed, fast asleep, as the whole episode was very scarey and has taken a lot out of him, to say the least!

I actually think this FD is doomed for me, and I am honestly on the verge of quitting it, as it's just been one family thing after another, and some other problems as well. Have an essay to hand in tomorrow, which isn't finished and we finish next week,so total panic stations!!Maybe I'm just destined not to get it done!We'll see....

Sorry to hear about your troubles Narnia, glad to hear hubby is feeling better now.

There are loads of really good web sites related to Forest School and I think it is a very simple idea really taking simple yet achievable tasks outside. Thats what my money would be on but I know absolutely nothing about the other subjects you mentioned!!

Whatever interests you most is probably best!

I'd do forest schools but thats probably because we've been running one at our nursery for the past 2 years!

I'd do forest schools but thats probably because we've been running one at our nursery for the past 2 years!

Ooh do tell us more!

Maz

• 1 month later...
Guest matkat
Yes it would be great to hear from someone who has expereinced a forest school

Hi i have just finished the foundation degree with Essex and one of our modules was forest schools as we had the privalage of being taught by a forest school teacher. I have also just handing in a unit of training from forest school itself callrd level one forest school cetrtificate.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)