Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Laughing Lenny Speaks

Steve

Music is so evocative isn't it - Geraldine your post was very moving indeed. But that didn't stop me from wondering what you got up to all those years ago in Ireland! :o

xD:(:( Well probably nothing as exciting as you might be thinking of!! I was 14 and had gone to Ireland to stay with my Aunt, my cousins were older and had some friends round one day.

We were all just lazing around with leonard cohen blaring out. I felt all 'big and grown up' being with a group of 18-19 year olds and fell in love with the music then!!! The rest of my holiday was spent with this older group and we just wandering barefoot along beaches, went camping here and there, went sailing etc etc and generally just having a whale of time but Leonard Cohen's music was never far away!! Sorry if it doesn't sound very exciting but it's one of those 'you had to be there' things! :(

Edited by Geraldine

Sorry if it doesn't sound very exciting but it's one of those 'you had to be there' things! xD

Sounds magical to me Geraldine! Seems to me we spend our teenage years wanting to be older than we are and then the rest of our lives wishing we were younger! Sounds like heady times to me - no wonder Steve's post took you straight back there! :o

Maz

I'm happy to have been the initiator of so much pleasure Geraldine - and it's not often these days I can say something like that!

All this and an FSF mug in one season. Talk about ending the year in style. :(

xD:( I am floating around on cloud 9 I think and the 'good stuff' just keeps on happening :o Tonight the news that my son has passed the next round of his Met. Police exams makes me burst with pride - how on earth I will cope at his passing out parade I don't know! better buy shares in kleenex I think!