Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Outdoors

I am currently setting up our garden area so children can explre independently. I'm really looking for inspiration. We already have a climbing frame, painting easels, sand pit, rabbit, bike area, secret den. . . Does anyone have anything exciting in their outdoor area which they would like to share?

explore box with magnifying glasses, note books, pens, bug boxes, etc.

chalk and chalk boards

Rody riders These give so many role play opportunities and ours are always in use, we have 3 and are more popular than bikes.

Inge

We are lucky enough to have recently moved to new premises with a purpose built outdoor area. We have some raised beds for growing things, small chalkboards on string hung around the outside space for the children to leave 'messages' for each other and a large child-safe mirror which was only fitted last week but has proved to be extremely popular. Oh and some half-round logs which the children love to sit, stand and balance on or just jump over!!

Sally

Hi Sally

Can I ask where you bought your child safe mirror from?

Thabks Rosina

The manager of our children's centre bought it - will find out after half term when I'm back at work. She has ordered lots from community playthings so that may be worth a look. Will also find out how much it cost. Have to say it's great - it's about 4ft square and it has that funny effect like in the hall of mirrors as you move in front of it.

Sally

At my last setting we had a wheelbarrow and turned smooth logs, the children loved transporting those logs around the outside area and building different structures, there were so many logs that it always needed three or four children to help transport them, the best bit was watching how the children worked it out for themselves about how to get the logs from a to b.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)