Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help! Ideas Needed!

Guest sandcastles

Guest sandcastles

I'm hoping other people's inspiration can get me through planning for Father's Day!!! I am at a complete loss as to what cards to make by my 3-5 year olds. We've done the shirt and tie idea and had a football theme but would like to do something completely different. Why is it so difficult?!? Mother's Day is a breeze in comparison. I am aware of the children who have no Dad on the scene which is why we just write 'To someone Special...' so that the child can chosse who to give it to. any ideas welcome!!!!

Did a nice one last year of a shirt and tie using card and 'mens' birthday wrapping paper for the ties-racing cars-football-golf-fishing etc

Fold the card like normal-the children had a choice of colours.It was a reception class so we stuck some squared paper on the front and traced the grey lines with felt tips to give a checked shirt.Snip and down centre front about 5cm and fold outward to create shirt collar.A square of paper for the knot and a kite shape for the tie.We glued old buttons on the collar wings.Because of the choices each card was different-hope that makes sense

We're having a dad's activity day, planned and implemented by our wonderful new chairman who hopes to go into childcare when he retires early from the police force.

It will of course be open to grandads, uncles and any other male member of the family who is a dad, luckily most of our children do have dads living with them.

Haven't seen any plans yet but we are all excited about the prospect and so thankful we have a new chairman with his head firmly screwed on. :o

Hi - a couple of years ago we did not do cards, instead the children created something for their dad/special person from clay - it was a lot more fun, creative for the kids and all of the end products were individual - always find fathers day/mothers day such a conveyor belt. - Good luck with planning it Dot :o

We're having a dad's activity day, planned and implemented by our wonderful new chairman who hopes to go into childcare when he retires early from the police force.

It will of course be open to grandads, uncles and any other male member of the family who is a dad, luckily most of our children do have dads living with them.

Haven't seen any plans yet but we are all excited about the prospect and so thankful we have a new chairman with his head firmly screwed on. :o

Like the sound of this.....got me thinking about having a open day for Dads, Grandads etc to come in and join in some of the activities on offer.

I like the dad's activity day idea a lot!!!

We're having "bring your dad to nursery" fortnight/month/term - it can go on as long as Dads want to come in :o

I bought some self-laminating photo postcards so we're going to get the children to draw their dad/something for their dad or someone else they love and post it off in time for Father's day...

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)