Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Play Policy

oakley40

Hi,

Am looking for an outdoor play policy so i can see what it should include.

Have been asked to write one for the setting.

Would appreciate any ideas please........

Thanks

Oakley40

Hi - have never seen an outdoor play policy - on a recent outdoor training course I went to in line with the new eyfs it was discussed that your outdoor area should be treated just the same as your indoor area ie free flow at all times. Therefore all the current standars which apply to inside apply to outside, so I hope we do not need to write another policy :oxD Dot

Thanks all, will have a look at your link wolfie ,

Maybe i should just include a paragraph in our play policy to include outdoor play?

Would save alot of time..........

Thanks again

Oakley40

As outdoor play is very new to our setting we are writing a policy to underline the requirements for us to provide it for the children. We are using it to help us point out to the parents that the children need to come prepared for being outdoors as so many come in the car without a coat or hat in winter, and don't get me started on the suncream issue! We are only morning sessional so don't really have time to apply the suncream ourselves, although I still think that wouldn't please some parents. Also I feel by writing the policy it is underlining the importance we place on it to our staff and any visitors (advisors, Ofsted, etc).

Hi Holly - agree with your points - extremely hard to ensure the kids are dressed for all ocasions - remember when my daughter was at nursery, all the parents had to line up to collect kids, and if we had not sent our child in correct clothes, we were singled out in front of everyone, so we did not forget the next day. (only 8 years ago). Not good practice for today though, but we do have several spare coats and endless spare summer hats.

:o Dot

Thanks Holly and Dot,

I agree with your comments, as our play area outside is also new

so children and parents are new to it too i will write a seperate policy taking into consideration

clothing, suncream, hats and all that is needed. Oh, not forgetting naming items.

Thanks again

Oakley40

Just to add we are also using it to underline the importance of outdoor play for the children so that the parents know why we are doing it as well as how.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)