Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help!stay And Play In Half An Hour!

can anyone help! I am having my first stay and play -for 0-4 on Wednesday in my Nursery classroom, but have been told today that I am on a course in the mroning, so I will have about half an hour to set up when I get back.

Has anyone got any ideas for how I can set up quickly/ prepare stuff the night before, bearing in mind that I won't be in the Nursery in the morning, DHT will and has asked me to leave something "easy and not messy" for the children to do.

All help gratefully received!!!!!! Thanks.

Playdough with scent. Finger painting, books, musical instruments, treasure baskets, boxes/bags for carrying things around, cushions or low chairs so parents are on the floor, small world, cars/trains, home corner.

Everything really that you'd do on a day to day basis but remembering that small childrenm put things in their mouths. Hopefully parents will be there to play not chat. :o

I run a stay and play one afternoon a week. The age group of the children are 0-2 mainly. We usually have some sort of paints out along with sand/water/chalks/sit and ride toys/dressing up clothes and mirrors and musical instruments - a great favourite with the children. Last week we all made smoothies together which the children and parents enjoyed but I'm guessing that comes under too messy?? Do you have access to an outside area as trikes and balls are another thing our children enjoy? Seems a shame you cant do anything messy - that's usually the most popular. Good luck :o

Sally