Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Action Plan

Hi, we recently got inadequate at our ofsted inspection.

Im putting together the action plan, begrudgingly as i feel that it was not the settings fault that this has happened, instead the most senior staff member,

.... anyway....

Im just wondering if anyone has one i could take a peek at??

i think im on the right lines but want to make sure im not deluding myself! :o

lucie x

Sorry to hear this, im sure things will be fine when you are re-inspected.

Make sure you have covered all of the recommendations OFSTED provided from the report as they will definately be looking for whatever they failed you on to be rectified. Then add anything else you feel needs to be included. I havent got a one for you to look at but just make sure you set yourself reasonable objectives with a timescale for completion according to the importance of the issue and also the settings capacity.

Good luck

Paula x

Hi there, I did an action plan that just contained headings as follows:

OFSTED

RECOMMENDATION

COMMENTS

STEPS TAKEN TO MEET RECOMMENDATION

COMMENTS

PERSON(S)

RESPONSIBLE

RESOURCES

NECESSARY

ANTICIPATED DATE TO ACHIEVE

REVIEW DATE

ACTUAL DATE ACHIEVED

COMMENTS

We did not get an inadequate but had to complete one to forward to our Early Years department anyway. I don't know if it is right or not as we never had any feedback from them. Anyway, good luck.

The one we use is very similar to Ariel's.

Lucie do you have any support from your LA eg an advisor when you get an inadequate OFSTED, they should be available to support you to action your improvements. You may find that some things you can act on very quickly, ( some missing documentation for example), whereas others may take much longer (such as inadequate knowledge of the FS). Ensure that if there are issues that require training, that you are accessing this as part of your action plan. (again the LA should support with this).

A number of members here have been where you are now, it is devastating especially if you feel it was unjustified, but its done now, you have to dust yourself off and move on. If there are ways that members here can help you with that, then please come back to us.