Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Goldilocks And 3 Bears

Hi again, its a while since ive been to this forum. I was teaching in Reception and was then moved to year 3!!!Yikes- so desperate to get back to early years i applied for nursery teacher post. I have an interview on Friday and have been asked to read goldilocks to goup of children. Does anyone have any good ideas of how to read it using props??? Any ideas gratefully received. :o

There are foam masks of the characters available on e-bay or maybe produce props from a story sack? Are they giving you a book or can you use your own? You could look around for one of the alternate ones.Can you 'tell' it without a book?

It has been a year since I did Reception - what about putting a lot of drama into it - using a big book - using your fingers to show Goldilocks walking along path to cottage, miming Goldilocks eating and make the sound of an eating noise, tapping the page when the chair crashes, miming pretending to sleep.

You could maybe try this.

When Goldilocks went to the house of the bears

What did her blue eyes see?

A bowl that was big, a bowl that was small, a bowl that was tiny and that was all

And she counted them 1, 2, 3.

When Goldilocks went to the house of the bears

What did her blue eyes see?

A chair that was big, a chair that was small, a chair that was tiny and that was all

And she counted them, 1, 2, 3.

Repeat for beds and bears but on the last line ...'and they roared at her ROAR, ROAR, ROAR.'

Use props too.

Good luck :o

I currently work in an F1 unit with a group of 4 year olds and they love it when we tell stories using puppets or props. They enjoy joining in with the story. If there is time they even have a turn being one of the characters and tell the story themselves. We very often end up with a little crowd of children from other groups in the setting around us watching. They too seem to enjoy listening as they stand quietly and observe.

Hope this helps

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)