Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Stage School Development Plan

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has an example of their foundation stage school development plan?

I have just being asked to write one for next year. I know it will be very individual to my school but it would be helpful if I could see some of the things everyone else puts on it. Thanks everyone Ger

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has an example of their foundation stage school development plan?

I have just being asked to write one for next year. I know it will be very individual to my school but it would be helpful if I could see some of the things everyone else puts on it. Thanks everyone Ger

Hi there, I am in the same position as you, new to the school and needing some info about how to approach writing a development plan. So as you say Thanks! to anyone out there who would be willing to help us. Mary

Hi Ger, and welcome to Mary.

Your development plan should be for the whole school,ours always was, with a section for FS. If you have to complete a separate one altogether, can you use the school format? Think about the wider issues the school has on its SDP (ours was always standards and writing and ICT) and see how you can work towards those as well. If you have additional issues that are peculiar to your FS, (eg development of outdoors) the you can include those too. You also need to consider if some of your aims are long term or part of a rolling programme (eg buying new units) and how long that programme is likely to take.

Your SDP should also reflect your SEF, so if you have identified developments on your SEF, you will need to be identifying these too. (For example, if your SEF indicates that writing profile scores are low, then you need to have 'improve standards in writing' or similar in your SDP.

Does that make sense?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)