Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Should I Say?

I recently got a new job at a new school as FS Leader, starting from September 2008. The new parents meeting for Reception is this week and I have been asked to go along, chat to parents, meet staff etc.. which I have no problems with. The HT has asked if I would say a few words - any suggestions bearing in mind the HT will have spoken for 30 mins so will have covered the main points.

Any ideas would be appreciated. :o

Just tell them how you will be approaching the education/care of their children - they'll want to know about reading books and what is "homework", clothes for PE sessions if you have them, will they be reading and writing....I'ld explain some of the expectations of the EYFS in terms of the 16 commitments and really focus on parents as partners for example so you can forge those early links and put the whole thing in context. There is a parents leaflet for the eyfs somewhere on here, available from your LA early years team (It's in the LA briefing pack) and just take questions as well - they'll have loads!

Cx

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)