Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bears In The Night

Hi everyone. Our book for the week next week is 'Bears in the Night'. I've got lots of ideas for group and independent activities realating to the book, but I just wondered if anyne else could give me an idea for something a little more exciting for whole class literacy sessions than I've come up with so far!!

Look forward to all your great suggestions.... :o

thanks!

Emma

I've used it in the past to develop positional language, in tandem with Rosie's walk. Usual stuff of following instructions, visual maps around the area going under things etc etc, also creating obstacle courses for a small toy, with the blocks and positional language on cards to give the instruction. Chn build course and then place insructional cards for others to take toy through. Can be changed over and over to be more complicated and other words can be added as required.

Cx

Realise they are not whole class literacy but I did the block play one as a whole class maths introductin activity

Edited by catma

I've used it in the past to develop positional language, in tandem with Rosie's walk. Usual stuff of following instructions, visual maps around the area going under things etc etc, also creating obstacle courses for a small toy, with the blocks and positional language on cards to give the instruction. Chn build course and then place insructional cards for others to take toy through. Can be changed over and over to be more complicated and other words can be added as required.

Cx

Realise they are not whole class literacy but I did the block play one as a whole class maths introductin activity

thanks! :o It's a great book for positional language maths stuff, isn't it? We're getting the children to set up an obstacle course of the bears' journey outside using whatever props they can think of, and a small world version. I think in the literacy I'm going to spend most of the week concentrating on reaing the key positional language words and then writing our own 'Rubies in the night' (we're rubies class) story together using the positional language.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)