Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Poem?

Hi all

A couple of years ago I had a lovely poem about a child been born with special needs and needing a special kind of love I think it was called a special child but not sure. I can not put my habd on the poem does anyone have it? I would recognise it as soon as I see it. Any help would be great

Found it thought I would post it for anyone who would like it

A meeting was held quite far from earth,

"It's time again for another birth."

Said the Angels to the Lord above,

"This special child will need much love."

His progress may seem very slow,

Accomplishments he may not show;

And he'll require extra care

From the folks he meets down there.

He may not run or laugh or play.

His thoughts may seem quite far away.

In many ways he won't adapt,

And he'll be known as handicapped.

So let's be careful where he's sent;

We want his life to be content.

Please, Lord, find the Parents who

Will do a special job for You.

They will not realize it right away

The leading role they're asked to play.

But with this child sent from above

Comes stronger faith and richer love.

And soon they'll know the privilege given

In caring for this gift from heaven.

Their precious charge, so meek and mild

Is Heaven's Very Special Child.

thankyou for those lovely poems, i discovered 'welcome to holland' when doing my SENCO training a long time ago my special needs step son was about 4 at the time and i cried. how true the 'celebrating holland' is.

I also had the welcome to holland story a while ago, I sent it to a parent of a girl in my preschool who has downs syndrome, the mother came from Italy and was also therefore in a different country to her birth which made the sentiments more profound for her. She was enlightened by the story and appreciated me bringing it to her attention. Thanks LJW for reminding me of it. Thanks also to belle06 for the poem, these both have even more meaning to me now that I am foster carer to a child with SEN. :o

Peggy

A dear friend gave me a framed copy of heavens very special child when Samantha was a baby and it still sits on her bedroom wall, she now has welcome to Holland also.

As the years have passed i have appreciated their sentiment, and when the going gets tough with her they reminds me how lucky i am.

jojom

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)