Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help For Ofsted

Hi there we are due an inspection really soon! And am really nervous lol. I am a pre school room leader and this is my first inspection ever! I was wondering what i should expect and is their any documents to help me get through it lol.Iknow pre school get more of an inspection but how much more?

i look forward to your comments

Helen

Hello Helen and welcome to the forum. xD

Thanks for your first post, you have certainly come to the right place for advice and support.

I'd say, don't panic, have faith in yourself and your team and don't try to 'put on a show', the children will notice :o

click on the link below and it will take you to the resource library where you will find some useful information / forms to help you prepare.

HERE - RESOURCE LIBRARY

You will need to have done an SEF (self evaluation form), this will help you to get all the evidence you need.

Is there anything specific you need to know about any particular area of the inspection? It is such a broad subject, by stating specifics any further advice will be more focused.

Hope this helps for now, ask again if you need more.

Good luck.

Peggy

hello and welcome as Peggy says have faith.... we were well overdue our inspection and to be honest when the inspector turned up last month i was relieved... good luck im sure you will be fine :o

hiya thanx guess what I came into work today and ofsted turned up for their inspection at nine. Just my look lol! We had a full morning from nine till 12.20pm and then in the afternoon she went into the other rooms. Shes back tomorrow dreadin it but hope she isnt going to be long in my room. She said that we are doing the EYFS to early as they are still working from the standards. So dont think it is goin to well but nothing I can do now.

Thank you

Helen

I also got to work on Monday and found Ofsted had arrived. I was really worried at first as I have never been through an inspection before. The inspector was ok and friendly enough but it's a bit like being followed by a police car when you're driving - you know you're not doing anything wrong but still feel under pressure. She was back again yesterday and everything seemed to go ok. Will let you all know the outcome when I go into work tomorrow. I have today off so I have time to recover!

Sally

:o

Hi there we are due an inspection really soon! And am really nervous lol. I am a pre school room leader and this is my first inspection ever! I was wondering what i should expect and is their any documents to help me get through it lol.Iknow pre school get more of an inspection but how much more?

i look forward to your comments

Helen

I think that having all paperwork in one folder and to hand would make it earier for both yourself and the inspector. I would suggest organising your folder in the areas of your SEF: how we help children to be healthy, How we protect our children etc. Have your policies and records under each heading also showing which standards relate to each is also helpful- it shows you know your stuff and organising this file ensures that you do!

I found this made me more confident as I had the evidence to prove what we say we do.

Another good tip is displaying photographs- these can be used in many ways, partnership with parents, promoting a positive attitude amongst the children etc and provising more evidence for the inspector.

Good luck

Sharon

Welcome to you Helen and I hope everything went according to plan. Do let us know won't you. :o

Welcome to you also Sharon. Some good advice and tips there. Congratulations on making your first post.

Hope you find this site as invaluable as the rest of us. Enjoy! xD

So, Helen and Sally, How did it go?

Peggy

We did ok. We got outstanding in a number of areas and good in the others. Not sure what we come out with overall and didn't have time to ask at work. Seems like the inspector was generally happy with us. Just glad it's over, although it wasn't half as bad as I was expecting.

Sally

We did ok. We got outstanding in a number of areas and good in the others. Not sure what we come out with overall and didn't have time to ask at work. Seems like the inspector was generally happy with us. Just glad it's over, although it wasn't half as bad as I was expecting.

Sally

Well there's an understatement, you are too modest "did ok" xD

Some outstanding and good is more than ok, CONGRATULATIONS, to you and your team. :o

Peggy

Thanks everyone. I suppose OK was a bit of an understatement - we're always very good at praising the children but sometimes not so good at praising ourselves. We are really pleased with the outcome of the inspection and glad it's over so we can concentrate on with the important stuff like the children.

Sally