Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Resource / Equipment Budget

As nursery owner i have always just bought things as and when they are required, but have been struggling recently to keep on top of this due to being pretty busy.

I would like to give the management staff more responsibility and allocate each area a monthly/termly budget, i would like to this to include all equipment and cleaning products, but not training.

We have three areas:- babies (12 chn), toddlers (32 chn), preschool (26 chn).

My question is do any of you have any tips of approx amounts that you either allocate or recieve?

I am worried about giving too little and the children not having enough or giving too much and it being spent for the sake of it.

Also would each area receive the same even though there are different number of children?

I allow about £25 per week for equipment including concumables such as paint and paper, cleaning products, snacks, new toys etc. I do spend more than that sometimes if we get some fundraising income or extra income through more children which I wasn't counting on.

A