Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Premises

Guest colechin

Guest colechin

Hi everyone, I would like to pick your brains.

We are currently in a portacabin which we are quickly growing too big for. I currently take 16 children per session. From September I will be opeing afternoons due to the number of children on our waiting list. We will be full morning and afternoons!.

We are a charity run nursery and the committee would like to expand the premises to allow more children to come to our fantastic nursery!

My committee have asked me to write a list of what I would like in a new nursery building. Starting with its size and moving onto rooms and furniture. Has anyone already gone thru this ? or is there any were I can find more information (Booklets/documents) on setting up the perfect nursery. ie; floor space, requirements, number of toilets and so on.

I would greatly appreciate some help in this matter.

If you go on the pre-school learning alliance website it produces a range of fact sheets linked to business developemnt, it has on there premises guids, cost anaylsis etc... hope it helps

The Statutory Framework for the EYFS sets out how much space per child, no's of toilets ect. and your Early Years Registration advisors should be able to help. Think carefully about the age range you are proposing to take and any expansion plans you may want to make in the future ( younger children - afterschool club etc) as this may need to be factored into your plans.

Don't forget about your outside play space!

We are in the process of watching our new building being built, very excited and can't wait to move out of our portocabin.

Debbs