Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Threshold

Hi all,

This is my first post so here goes.....

I am trying to do my threshold this year and have found that the statements are not very Foundation stage friendly. Is there anyone who has successfully completed their threshold who would not mind me seeing it or asking for help? :o

Thank-you x

I'm in the same place as you at the moment. I've tried filling the form out but with it being different this year I'm struggling. I'm in FS but also in a special school so a lot of things you'd talk about in mainstream don't apply!

Argh!

Guest Wolfie

Welcome to the forum Sarah...someone "in the know" wil be along shortly, Im sure.... :o

hi sarah

welcome to the forum :o

Can i ask what a threshold is?

When you reach point 6 on the pay scale you have to pass 'Threshold' for your wages to carry on increasing. If you don't go through it you stay on the sme point on the pay scale. I don't think it is as big and time consuming as it used to be. There are a bunch of statements that you have to prove you are doing and site the evidence for. Evidence can only go back 2 years so if you are in your 4th year of teaching it is worth collecting lesson obs etc.

I am finding some of the statements really hard to unpick as to what it being asked and then lots of the things I do but not in a way that there is anythng written down that can be used as evidence. Also because Foundation Stage has needed a lot of work doing to it in my school I haven't co-ordinated anything else other than early years so I can't do a lot of the whole school statements.

Aagh!

• 1 month later...

I've just completed my threshold for this year - head was very impressed (but then again - she's not had any to read since they firt came out!!) but I am KS1 manager as well as FS manager and member of SLT so had a bit to talk about other than just FS but i saying that i have only taught in FS and 1 year in Y1

if you pm me i can send you a copy

Sarah

Edited by Sarah H

• 4 months later...
I've just completed my threshold for this year - head was very impressed (but then again - she's not had any to read since they firt came out!!) but I am KS1 manager as well as FS manager and member of SLT so had a bit to talk about other than just FS but i saying that i have only taught in FS and 1 year in Y1

if you pm me i can send you a copy

Sarah

:o

Hello Sarah,

I was due to complete my threshold application last academic year but I had taken on so many new things that I was trying to get my head around that I decided to put it off until now. I am also FS and KS1 coordinator and would love to take a look at your threshold if you don't mind but I’m new to posting on the forum and have no idea what pm means.

Thanks for your help

:o

Hello Sarah,

I was due to complete my threshold application last academic year but I had taken on so many new things that I was trying to get my head around that I decided to put it off until now. I am also FS and KS1 coordinator and would love to take a look at your threshold if you don't mind but I’m new to posting on the forum and have no idea what pm means.

Thanks for your help

Hi rachi and welcome to the forum. A pm is a private message - if you click on the name of the person you want to sent the message to a drop down menu should appear. Select 'send a message' and this should take you to your private messaging page. Just write and send in the same way you would an email. xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)