Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nvq Ccld Level 4 Still Going?

I HEARD A RUMOUR 2 WEEKS AGO THAT LEVEL 4 WAS TO BE ABOLISHED. HAVING JUST LOOKED AT THE NEWLY DONE CWDC WEBSITE LEVEL 4 SEEMS TO HAVE DISAPPEARED FROM THE QUALIFICATIONS!!!!!! ONLY LEVEL 2/3 THEN FOUNDATION DEGREE

CAN ANYONE SHED ANY LIGHT?

As far as i know it is still going and will be for the next few years. I know that City and Guilds are possibly looking at replacing all the CCLD courses, but they havent yet decided on what will replace them. Also we have just found out that the CCLD L4 carries 120points if you wish to go on and do the foundation degree through OU. hope that helps

This is a fairly new qualification so I would be surprised if it were abolished so soon. I'm not sure what you mean when you say it has 'disappeared from the qualifications'. Where exactly were you looking?

I enquired about this for a member of staff at my setting. I was told by our local college that they are not recommending it, that they would advise going straight for the degree.... we are unsure what to do now as my member of staff didn't want to go straight for degree as she doesn't feel ready...

Can i just say that most colleges in all areas will recommend going straight for the degree, in my area they even want you to justify why you choose the level 4 over the degree before they allow funding, although i really dont know why. I teach the CCLD Level 4 and it is a great qualification for those who want a work based course. My learners tailor their optional units to either the work the they currently do or an area where they want to know more. It is a more practical course than the degree which is more academic and also carries alot of points if you later wish to move on to the degree. Not everyone wants to or is able to complete the degree, so level 4 should definately be an option. It may be worth contacting some of your local private providers to see if they offer the level 4.

• 7 months later...
I HEARD A RUMOUR 2 WEEKS AGO THAT LEVEL 4 WAS TO BE ABOLISHED. HAVING JUST LOOKED AT THE NEWLY DONE CWDC WEBSITE LEVEL 4 SEEMS TO HAVE DISAPPEARED FROM THE QUALIFICATIONS!!!!!! ONLY LEVEL 2/3 THEN FOUNDATION DEGREE

The level 4 is definately on-going but all CCLD levels will be reviewed in 2010 but all existing qualifications will still be valid they will just re-adjust the standards. Hope this helps

:o

The level 4 is definately on-going but all CCLD levels will be reviewed in 2010 but all existing qualifications will still be valid they will just re-adjust the standards. Hope this helps

:o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)