Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pet's At Nursery

Hi all,

We have just got two dwarf hamsters for our Nursery. Does anyone have a pet policy in place that I could look at to see where to start? I understand we need a risk assessment and parental permission too, has anyone had any problems with pets in setting?

:o

How lovely. I love dwarf hamsters!! xD

On our permission slip we have that pets/animals may be bought into the setting from time to time and ask parents to sign to say it is ok for their child to be there for these sessions. Only once did we have a child who wasn't allowed, due to childminder she was with had another child who was allergic to animal fur. :o

I have a risk assessment format which you may find useful, it's for educational establishments and cover most everything, check out if anyone has a phobia though. :o

Peggy

Thanks for all your comments, and thanks Peggy for your risk assessment I will read through it I am sure it will help.

Thanks

x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)