Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Runners

I have decided to enter the East Midlands Grand Prix 2008 races this year. :o

The first one is this Tuesday 6th May.

I shall be running around SILVERSTONE RACE COURSE (twice!) - how cool is that. 10K :(

next one: Rugby 6 miles, then Bedford 6 miles, then Corby 5 miles, then Weedon 10k, then Banbury 5 miles, then Harborough 5 miles, and finally Milton Keynes 10k.

This should keep me fit for the next 8 weeks :( . I am also doing a sponsored 7 mile run on 11th May for Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation.

Is anyone else doing the grand prix - would love to hear if you have and what the courses are like as this is my first time! xD

Wish me luck everyone :(

Phew, that sounds strenuous! I've only registered for the Race for Life again, nothing as challenging as your grand prix! Good luck, let us know how you get on.

I am going with my brother-in-law but he will be streaks ahead of me, so I shall end up running them alone in a crowd of hundreds xD

I do go out a couple of times a week normally, once with the running club, but I have never embarked on anything like this before.

Scary stuff! He keeps telling me I wont be the last to finish :o so I have to believe him!!

Well, one down, 7 to go. :o

Completed Silverstone (10K) last night :( . I came 891 out of 977 runners in a time of 1 hour and 26 seconds. :( It was really hot, the second lap was better once the sun had gone down. Whilst their I found a fellow club member who runs at my pace so we ran it together and helped each other along. :(

I was also came 36th out of 43 for my age group (42).

My brother-in-law came in at 46.25 minutes so he stood on the finishing line shouting me on, it was much needed.

More training going on with a 5 miles run this Thursday and then 7 miles sponsored run on Sunday and then the EMGP Rugby 6 race on Wednesday. Am I mad or what! xD

Oh well done to you!!

I am doing Race for Life again with my four daughters, trouble is I have a job to run around the block at the moment and last year I set myself a ridiculous target of 34 minutes now I am getting an ear-bashing from my children to see if I can beat it!

Me and my bright ideas! :o