Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

2 Year Old Children On The School Roll

Hi,

We are going through a takeover from our feeder primary to take over the pre-school and match our current provison which is from 2 years 3 months.

Can anyone tell me how old a child has to be to be on the school roll. Our school is planning to open a Nursery class which will take the children the term of their 3rd birthday (ie rising 3's based on 3 terms per year). We want them to take the children we do now earlier than this.

Also our advisory teacher has suggested that the school takes the rising 3's and the Governors of the school register themselves as daycare providers for the 2y3m up to NEG eligible children. This is an obvious solution but seems to me it would create a conflict of interest should there be any complaint made. Also would the Governors have to have seperate insurance/ employ staff essentially run themselves as the Pre-school committee does now or could they simply use the schools insurance and staff/Any help would be appreciated as we are not getting much support from our end.

Thanks in advance

Hi rjgmummy and welcome. You've joined a big, happy family here. I don't have any advice for you but I'm sure someone will be along in a minute. Keep posting!

We too are going through the same process at the moment. We take from 2 yrs. The whole set up will stay the same but instead of run by a committee we will be managed by the school and governors. A voluntary committee will still be needed for fundraising.

Thes staff will be paid by whoever pays the school and we will gain extra benefits such as pension and sick pay. Everything is still not settled so we are still uncertain about all the ins and outs but hopefully by the middle of June everything will be sorted.

• 5 months later...

I was just looking through forums and this one is a bit relivant to e at the moment.

Can you tell me roughly how long the take over took and what the process was?

Who do you contact 1st and does the setting run the same under the school or have things changed?

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

I was just looking through forums and this one is a bit relivant to e at the moment.

Can you tell me roughly how long the take over took and what the process was?

Who do you contact 1st and does the setting run the same under the school or have things changed?

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking for any advice on this subject by anyone who has been through a similar thing who could give me some impartial advice thanks!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)