Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Aspects In New Eyfs - Help Please

Hi All,

As I am still to go on the planning course, I want to know if you still as before choose various aspect out of the areas of learning each half term. I ask this with a query, as we have ditched our "theme" planning, and this week, children are creating vast imaginative ideas in all areas, however our focused aspect for CD does not include imagination. I feel that it would benefit us in our planning for next week to have a focused activity in respect of "imagination" so we can offer resources to extend their own play ? xD

Have a lost sight of what I am supposed to be doing ???? :o Dot

Hi dot,

I am not in England so not a lot of help to you! However, there have been quite a few different discussions about EYFS planning. I am moving this into the EYFS section where you will find other topics that may be helpful to you. I am also deleting your duplicate post. :o

Hi Carol,

Thanks for moving to correct forum - have looked all over eyfs planning, but I can not see where aspects are mentioned = does anyone know of a particular past forum which I have missed - thanks all Dot

I never used the ELGS or stepping stones for just that reason. They are afterall a curriculum guide not a plan of what children should be doing.

I didnt see how me planning for a certain aspect would help when the children wanted to do something different.

OK, so most activities will provide for all areas, but I found it easier to plan activites and say what might be observed in relation to the 6 areas rather than what I wanted observed.

It left the whole thing more open and staff were less stressed knowing they didnt have to look for one thing while other things were going on.

CD in imaginative play should be easy to plan for retrospectivly, story telling, role play.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)