Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Practitioner Qualifications For F1

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can provide me with some information. I've just found out today that in September I will have 31 children in my class. I will have an FSU where I am the only teacher with 31 reception (F2) children and 12 pre-schoolers(F1). I'll have two TA's (one level 3 and one unqualified) Is this ok? Do the LEA need to provide an additional teacher for F2 because we have gone over 30 and also it is now a requirement for F1 to have a qualified teacher?

My head teacher and myself would be extremely grateful if anyone could shed some light on this or can point us in the right direction to find out more information.

Many thanks :o

Boogie x

Will it not tell you in the EYFS?

Hello,

As you can imagine the EYFS never says that anything is statutory or a legal requirement so it makes it more difficult. I've spoken to some people from my LEA today eg AST's etc and they seem to think that it may be a legal requirement from Sept 08.

Boogie x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)