Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Childrens Groupings

Hi

Can anyone tell me, is it O K (with Ofsted) to put one 2 year old with two 0 to 2yrs and have one member of staff at all? never? If so when?

We had this discussion to day and could not agree

Thank you Rosina

Hi I am not sure about the under twos as we only have 2,3,4 year olds but when ofsted came into us they made it clear that we are not to mix our two year olds with our three year olds. So we have to ahave a member of staff for one two year old and one for the three year olds. Hope this makes sence and is of some use.

Sorry, realized I have put this in the wrong forum :o

Thank you Anita for the reply

What I think I am asking is

Can a child go down agroup for say, staff at lunch or staff being poorly ect

thanks

We have all our 2,3 and 4 year olds together with a ratio of 1 adult for up to 4 under 3s and 1:8 for the rest. Don't know about younger.

Al

Guest Wolfie

Anita, when you say that you were told not to mix your 2 and 3 year olds, what do you mean exactly? We have a room for 2-5s so no chance of keeping them apart! And all staff work with all children, although the correct ratios are always maintained within the room obviously.

Just a bit confused! :o

Anita, when you say that you were told not to mix your 2 and 3 year olds, what do you mean exactly? We have a room for 2-5s so no chance of keeping them apart! And all staff work with all children, although the correct ratios are always maintained within the room obviously.

Just a bit confused! :o

I think she meant mix ratios rather than the children themselves. xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)