Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Etfs

Hi does anyome have a planning sheet which they use daily/ weekly which shows how to clearly include all the necessary areas for the new framework. I would appreciate ideas for all ages, if possible, :oxD as I work in a Children's Centre and it is causing some confusion. We need to make planning as simple and relevant as possible.

Thanks a million!

have you looked at the planning examples on the eyfs cd rom, i printed some of this morning and they are just the job, clearly showing the cycle of observation, assessment then planning and how it all links to interests and learning styles etc.

Hi,

We use my EYFS child record sheets (in the resource library under observation and assessment), using one for each of the six areas of learning. We choose appropriate learning intentions from the development matters section, date the column next to the statement, and then type up the one or two LIs for each area that we have chosen for the next fortnight. These sheets then go up in each room of the nursery and form the basis of focus activities, and we also keep them in mind when we join in with child-initiated play. We then have sheets where we list the activities (VERY briefly!) which will be on offer throughout the fortnight. I've attached these, although they probably won't be very meaningful for you. You'll get the idea, though!

14.01.08.doc

creative_workshop_activities_sheet.doc

Fortnightly_planning.doc

Hi Helen

Can I ask - in your document 14.08-do you choose these learning intentions according to the children or anything in particular or are you just working through them? Do you then base your observations around these?

Creative workshop activities sheet- Do you have one of these plans for each area?-

Fortnightly planning doc- what info goes on here?

The sheets where you list the activities- do you choose the activities are these again based on childrens observed interests.

You say you have a focus activity alongside this- these are planned to meet the learning objectives chosen?

Is all this planning for a target group of children or all the children?

Do you split your children into target groups?

Do you have a daily sheet saying what is available in continous provision?

here is an example of our planning( contunous provision), which shows the next stage of the childs learning, which we observed last week , we are ourself in the process of getting ourselves organised before september. hope this has worked ok havent done this before

sorry seem to have difficulties in attaching the file its telling me upload failed you are not permitted to upload this type of file

Hi AUSSIE -

What format are the documents you want to post? MSWord, Excel, etc? Or pdf? Or something else? If you want to send me a sample via PM I'll be happy to have a look at them for you. :o

hi steve

sorry steve but what is PM or perhaps you can guide me there. I think its Ms word 2007 the document. Will hopefully get the hang of this soon.

Guest Wolfie

PM is Private/Personal Message - click on Steve's name and the option to send him a message privately will come up.

sorry girls like everything else I do seems unreadable, perhaps steve may be able to suggest another way for it to be readable

Hi all -

As AUSSIE mentioned, it's a Word 2007 file, which means you need to have MS Office or Word 2007 on your PC to open it. That's why AUSSIE originally had trouble uploading it.

However, you can download something that allows you to open these new format files if you wish. The MS update for this is here :o

• 2 weeks later...

Whoops, sorry Sharon, I missed this somehow!

Can I ask - in your document 14.08-do you choose these learning intentions according to the children or anything in particular or are you just working through them? Do you then base your observations around these?

We choose these LIs based on the observations we have made on the children during the previous fortnight. And yes, we then try to focus our observations on these for the next fortnight.

Creative workshop activities sheet- Do you have one of these plans for each area?-

No. We have a separate room for creative activities, with a member of staff who is art coordinator (although we all take it in turns to work in there)....it was our nod to Reggio, and as a nursery, we focus on the creative arts, eg art, music, dance.

Fortnightly planning doc- what info goes on here?

This is literally a list of activities and equipment we will be providing.

The sheets where you list the activities- do you choose the activities are these again based on childrens observed interests.

Well, sort of! But we also provide stuff that we think they will be excited by, something new, etc.

You say you have a focus activity alongside this- these are planned to meet the learning objectives chosen?

Yes!

Is all this planning for a target group of children or all the children?

All the children, with differentiation obviously xD

Do you split your children into target groups?

No. They all attend on different days, and I can't see how it would work in our setting.

Do you have a daily sheet saying what is available in continous provision?

No. I think continuous provision doesn't need to be listed....if it's there all the time, why list it? :o

Once again, sorry I missed your post. :(

Helen

Thanks that helps soooooooo much!

Can i ask a probably silly question! we have been told! to split our children into target groups as part of plannng for the individual child (we are findng this difficult as we have different children each session and very few full timers) I can sort of see why it has been suggested as at least we then know which children we have focused on. You mentioned you dont split the children so how do you ensure you cover and plan for ALL the childrens needs and next steps. Can you explain how you do this fore plz

The other way it was suggested was observe all children one week and plan for them the next - we tried this but it was manic we had so many observations to plough through and yes while some activities matched up to many children we had so many activities planned for the next week it was crazy! We also have lot of part time staff and different children am and pm .

Also Helen did you get my message to you asking if we could come for a visit we are in worthing?

thanks

Each fortnight, we have a two hour meeting where staff complete the children's "Special Books" and we talk about their present and future needs. Each key person makes sure that their children have been talked about! It's clear from their records that each child has lots of observations recorded for them, and we also have a "learning story sheet" with each child's name on it. These are kept in the nursery, and when a child is absorbed in soemthing, one of us will pull out that child's learning story and start writing the obs. At a later date, links to the EYFS and next stepa are completed, usually after a discussion at the staff meeting. When the magazine file with all the blank learning stories is empty, we know everyone has been "done"!

My personal view is that if you know your children really well, then you don't need to group them. They don't do child-initiated activities in the groups you'd choose, so you're only considering the adult-directed activities. And if you've planned for differentiation, then again I can't see why you would want to plan in groups. But that is just my opinion!

I'll PM you about a possible visit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)