Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dissertation Ideas

belle06

Hi All

I am trying to think ahead to my project it needs to be small scale investigate project focusing on children and young people can have national or internationally dimension and focus on language development I need to do a 6000 word project containing literature review 3000 words, methodology proposal 2000 words, evaluation of potential relevance of proposed study for practice 1000 words. Can anyone tell me how you go about deciding what to focus on as your question. I am struggling to think of an angle to approach the project from. Any help would be great..

Hi, im in the middle of doing mine now, and would say that its important to choose something which you know you can stick with and is interesting as it may consume your life for a little while!

lucie x

Hi, im in the middle of doing mine now, and would say that its important to choose something which you know you can stick with and is interesting as it may consume your life for a little while!

lucie x

Quite agree Lucie!! :o

Yep i'd agree with that too! I've chosen mine by looking at some of the things I feel I want to develop in FS at school anyway, and am basing my project around them as I knew I would be working on those areas; hoping to double up in a way on some of the work rather than doing something totally removed from my normal practice. That's the idea anyway! Don't know if that is possible for you in your situation but maybe it will help! x

agree with other comments, language is so diverse;

English as an additional language

Bi-Lingual childrens language development

Language and SEN - (Physical and/or cognitive)

Sign language

dare I say - Phonics

The use of ICT ( tape recorders, dictaphones, communication equipment in role play) in developing language aquisition.

The aquisition of language

cultural language ( I remember many moons ago reading a very interesting book about west African boys, based in London, (english speakers) who were found to have barriers to learning due to the dialect / vocabulary used at home compared to school. The teachers speaking middle class (white) english. Accents would possibly come into this as well.

I would suggest that the topic is one which you will find information easily, but not one that has loads of coverage, I find too much information to analyse does my head in ( so to speak). ie: Keep it small, not too broad.

Maybe look at some organisations such as 'I CAN' websites, who may also give info for research reading.

Just today I heard about an auther who has re-written Shakespeare in 'chaff' language, so that the 'youff' can better engage in it and understand it. ( the terms I've used here are from the TV presenter, and not mine, no offence intended)

Best of luck

Peggy

Aah peggy your an angel you having giving me some good ideas to look at can not believe how obvious some of the suggestions where maybe I was trying to make it harder than it needs to be Thanks

your welcome, just remember your word limits are quite small/tight. Anything that gets your attention can use up word limits very quickly ( if you're anything like me that is :o )

Let us know what you decide.

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)