Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Lead Teacher

Hi all,

Hope you are all ok. Can someone please help me? Does anyone have a personal statement for a lead teacher. Am in Foundation stage and would like to apply for Numeracy Lead teacher. Please can someone send me an example statement.

Thanks in advance

Flowerxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello there flower.

I presume by lead teacher you mean for the authority? Or do you mean within the school,like a coordinator?

Its a good idea to have a read of the perosn specification for the post and then try to match up your own skills and experience to show how you meet them.

The get someone to read it through who may be objective, and who may give you some ideas about how you can improve upon it.

Hi flower,

The best way to start like mundia says is to look at the job spec to see what they are looking for. Then sit down and make a list of the skills, qualities and interests you may have that match up with this. Once you have this then you can start to hang it all together! There are plenty of sites offering advice on writing personal statements which you may find helpful but remember that this should be about you, so looking at someone else's isn't really going to be of much help. :o

Hiya,

I do this for literacy, so if you want me to have a look when you've done, I'd be happy to. Not so hot on maths though!

Hiya,

I do this for literacy, so if you want me to have a look when you've done, I'd be happy to. Not so hot on maths though!

Tracylu, are you a leading literacy teacher for your authority? Were there any problems for you becoming one teaching in Reception (or do you teach KS1?) And have you had to do any literacy teaching for Ks1 and KS2?

I'm looking to become one when I've got 5 minutes to sort it out :o but I was just wondering how the two tie together. And is there any connection with being an AST? Which comes first - is there a hieracrchy or are they separate things?

Sorry for all the questions...!

Emma

Tracylu, are you a leading literacy teacher for your authority? Were there any problems for you becoming one teaching in Reception (or do you teach KS1?) And have you had to do any literacy teaching for Ks1 and KS2?

I'm looking to become one when I've got 5 minutes to sort it out :o but I was just wondering how the two tie together. And is there any connection with being an AST? Which comes first - is there a hieracrchy or are they separate things?

Sorry for all the questions...!

Emma

Have PMd you, Emma :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)