Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Holidays

Hi Ya! Any of you clever clogs got any ideas for holidays that I m looking at next week! Its my last week of my final teaching practice so I will definately be observed and want to make the weekgo well! Thanks :o

hi green

what about making postcards to send to a friend. we did this last week... lots of talk before hand I was surprised that some of mine did not know what one was! so we had lots of examples postcards and talked about our own holidays. using a postcad template the children then used holiday brochures to select a picture and then write their card. I left it out again this week as an independent activity and the results were fab.

What about sorting clothes for a 'cold' holiday and a 'hot' holiday into two suitaces. You could imagine that the class teddy or toy is going on holiday.

You could set up a mini traveller agents as a role play brochures, telephones, booking forms etc.

have a good time and make sure you enjoy your own well earnt holiday!

Liza

How about unpacking a small suitcase that "Mrs Muddle" packed to go on holiday with. Have fun with all the mixed-up stuff she packed, like a balloon whisk, a tin of dog food, screwdriver, bag of ice cubes, woolly hat and a bikini, etc. Help her sort it out to go on a trip to a hot or cold place.

Bring in 3 different sized suitcases. Put something light in the largest and something heavy in the smallest and something else in the middle sized case. Ask the children which one they think is the heaviest. Then let them try to lift them up! They then can be put in order of weight. The children think this is great fun.

We made passports (yes, I know not ALL children go abroad for their holidays! :o ) and the children loved the activity. They wrote their name, drew a picture of themselves and used stampers to cover the rest of the pages (yes, I know nobody stamps your passport anymore! xD )

:D

We've done passports too, but instead of the children drawing pictures we took digital photos of the children and printed them out - small size! A lot of the children took their friend's photos (with us steadying the camera) - they enjoyed playing the role of photographer and have since been seen wandering round snapping each other with an old camera (no film!!)

The resulting passports look great.

:D

Harricroft.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)