Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Compost

Hi everyone,

I was planning to put compost out for the children so they can pretend to plant with it. But I have heard that it may not be safe to let children play with it and that we might not be allowed?

Anyone know if this is true?

Well our children have plyed in it all day!! wonderful time. we just made sure they washed their hands afterwards. I have a policy unless we have it in writing they are just rumours or may have come from a school setting that have to adhere to strict health and safety rules.

Andrea

Hi MrsL,

I agree with Andrea, we have a large sandpit outside full of with compost (obviously covered when not in use) which the children love! Again we just make sure they wash their hands after being outside, gives another chance to reinforce health and hygiene.

Rachel

We've been digging in it too today ( I think one or 2 might have been a little hungry as well!) We also used it when we planted out beans. I hate all these health and safety rumours. How are kids ever going to learn anything about risks/hygiene etc if we wrap them up in cotton wool all the time!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)