Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Any Ideas For A 20 Minute Session? Advice Please!

Hi!

Thought I might ask for your advice on something that has been baffling me for a couple of days now... I am going for a senior position at school which will include teaching in Reception, which I am really rather excited about! I spent my first year in KS1, in Year 1 last year which I loved and I moved schools last year and am teaching Year 2 at the moment. So although I am familiar with Infants, I need to prep up on the littley ones!

As part of the interview process I need to teach a 20 minute session in Reception and so was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what to do, can be any subject at all. It's like being in a sweet shop, far too much choice!

Also, this weekend is dedicated to reading up on anything and everything about Foundation Stage/Nursery settings, planning, assessment, target setting, etc.. everything! Does anyone suggest any good publications/websites etc to go to?

Thank you so much!

Hi sunshineedays

I can't remember having welcomed you to the Forum before, so welcome!

Can't really help with the teaching session - but as far as reading up about the Foundation Stage goes, I'd definitely look up all the articles/threads on here about the EYFS, and also go to the DSCF website - I never get the letters in the same order twice. If you haven't seen the pack yet, you can download it to have a good look at it. But I'd definitely order your own copy...

Maz

Foundation Stage forum seems like a good place to start!

I would think you need to familiarise yourself with the EYFS which you can access via QCA.

As for an activity, something based on a favourite story might be a good way to go.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)