Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nvq 3 Old And New!

Lucy P

Hi everyone

I am mentoring a couple of staff at work with the NVQ 3 CCLD, and just wondered if anyone knew if it is possible to compare the new style i.e Unit 301, 302, 303 etc with the old style C2, C3, M7 etc.

The reason i ask is all the text books i have are all written in the old style and i wanted to keep costs down by not having to buy new books.

Any help or advice would be gratefully received :o

Hi Lucy,

Having written, or commissioned, NVQ articles for this site based on the old style NVQs, I didn't really want to abandon them when the new one came out! However, I tried to match them up, failed miserably, and am now writing guidance articles based on the new NVQ. Sorry I can't help, but if you manage to do it, let us know please :o

Thanks Helen, that's what i feared!!

I remember using your articles for previous staff and when i went to find them they had gone :o

Oh well, i'm just being lazy!! The level 3 is very similar to the level 4 which i am doing so that will help a bit.

So for my next question: Can anyone recommend a good text book for level 3?

I am currently using Child Care and Education by Tina Bruce and Carolynn Meggitt which is fantastic, but just wondered if there was something like the Penny Tassoni book which covered each unit in a chapter.

Hi

I completed my NVQ 3 CCLD last year and used the new Penny Tassoni book specificaly for CCLD .Its very clear and well written and I found it a lifesaver .Its available in Waterstones and also on Amazon for about £20 .Its published by Heineman

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - I matched the units a while back to help some of my candidates who had been given old EYCE text books - it may help you! I'm not sure how to attach but will give it a go - or will happily email it to you.

Related_units__CCLD_EYCE.doc

Chris

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)