Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Which Union?

Hi, not sure where to post this so if its in the wrong place mods do move it :o

I'm an unqualified teacher working in a school, I am a qualified nursery nurse and also have a degree. I am hoping to start a QTS only route from September.

I'm looking to join a union but having had a look at the ones avaibale I am unsure of which would be the best to join- pann would be the obvious option but I don't want to join up then have to join another one when doing QTS.

I just don't know what catergory I would come under?

Can anyone advise me on what/how to do this?

I know that ATL accepts support members as well as teachers, so I'd definately contact them. I'm a branch committee member now (kind of by accident) and attended union conference recently and I really feel I'm in the right union so I hope you find the right one for you.

Aspect are doing lots of advertising at the moment, particularly regarding recruitment of EYPs. They are a well-respected organisation so you might like to check them out. :o

I'm not sure where to put you either Jester! :o It's certainly not a training issue though so I'll move you to the Reception/Year 1 General Issues. xD

Sorry as I said feel free to move it to the most appropriate place!

I will look into Aspect further as I had a reply from NASWT to say that I could only be a member once I'm an actual student so where does that leave me now? :( so stuff em!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)