Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Aspects Of Child Development

Hi

Iv been asked to discribe the aspects of child develpment.

Minds gone blank and i know i know but i having a frozen stage lol

What i have so far is Milstones

behaviour

learning in stages

Can anyone help?

Guest Wolfie

Do they want you to break child development down into the various aspects such as cognitive, physical, social, etc. and explain what each aspect covers?

oops sorry should of said yes im doing an accredited course loads of questions ahhhhhhhh!!

Yes they want me to break it all down.

Thank you for helping

communication language and literacy

personal social and emotional

knowledge and understanding

mathmatics (problem solving)

creative

physical

just broken it all down and explained each area hope its all they want thanks

physical will also have to be broken down into gross and fine motor skills.

Also, don't forget that whilst it makes it easier to break it down and compartmentalize the child it is necessary to look at the child holistically (consider them as awhole!!)

Good luck!!

Essc

communication language and literacy

personal social and emotional

knowledge and understanding

mathmatics (problem solving)

creative

physical

Maybe I'm having a blank moment but I thought that these were the areas of learning. As I understood it the areas of development are social/emotional, physical, cognitive, language and creative. I know there isn't much difference but I remember when I did my course that my tutor emphasised that development was not the same as areas of learning. If I'm wrong all I can say in my defence is it's been a long day!

Sally

Maybe I'm having a blank moment but I thought that these were the areas of learning. As I understood it the areas of development are social/emotional, physical, cognitive, language and creative. I know there isn't much difference but I remember when I did my course that my tutor emphasised that development was not the same as areas of learning. If I'm wrong all I can say in my defence is it's been a long day!

Sally

You are absolutley right i am breaking them down linking areas to areas of develpment oooohhh im getting confuzzled now lol

thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)