Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Home Visits/funding

Can anyone suggest a solution? I want to do home visits for the first week and a half of the new term in September then stagger the admissions to the Nursery over the next 2 weeks so that all the children are in by the end of the 4th week of term but as it is a Private setting and we rely on the funding I have been told all children must be in by the end of the second week or we lose money? This means I have to either cut out the home visits or have all the childre start within a few days. Can anyone suggest a way around this please?

I can see that this is your first post, hello and welcome! :o

We dont do home visits but we have always had our returning children have the first week back after the summer break to themselves and then have the new starters coming in on the second week, we have been told that all those new starters (that are funded) have to be in on the first week??

Sorry I havent got a solution for your dilema!

Is it possible to limit your visits to those families that are new i.e. not siblings and those with SEN that you have been alerted to? I know that you may have lots of new families but it might help to only focus on those new to the setting (unless you already do that!)

Cannot see a way around this..

I can see the LEA view in that as you are receiving funding for these children they should be attending the sessions , or they do not receive the full entitlement for the sessions being funded...

we had to take some children 1 day before having a 2 week holiday because out funding started on 1st April and we had a 2 week break from the 4th!!

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)