Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Profile Resource Help

Hi everyone

Does anyone have any idea when the EYFS profile booklet comes out or is it out all ready???

Or am i being really dense is it already in the pack lol!!

This booklet is mentioned in the practice guidance for the EYFS book on page 13 (2.11)

I am still very confused as to the 13 scales and what they are !!!!!! And obviously how to report them etc....... It says asseeing against them and reporting 13 scores for each...

Frustrating !!!!!!

Guest Wolfie

I might be wrong but I think that the EYFS Profile booklet that you're referring to is for use by teachers in Reception at the end of the Foundation Stage - the 13 sacles are used already in the FS Profile as it as at the moment.

Hi Ray

I am preschool and we don't use the EYFS Profile. It isn't out yet everyone is still using the Foundation Stage Profile

This is it: https://orderline.qca.org.uk/gempdf/1847215262.pdf

It is for reporting at the end of Foundation Stage and is for Reception Teachers really. At the preschool we only ever use the first three points to report to reception teacher when children move to school and I have to say not many of our children reach Point 3.

Are you looking for a format for recording children's progress?

I might be wrong but I think that the EYFS Profile booklet that you're referring to is for use by teachers in Reception at the end of the Foundation Stage - the 13 sacles are used already in the FS Profile as it as at the moment.

hi i think you are right but i think (i may be wrong) that the scales booklet is meant to be available to everyone.

Hi Ray

I am preschool and we don't use the EYFS Profile. It isn't out yet everyone is still using the Foundation Stage Profile

This is it: https://orderline.qca.org.uk/gempdf/1847215262.pdf

It is for reporting at the end of Foundation Stage and is for Reception Teachers really. At the preschool we only ever use the first three points to report to reception teacher when children move to school and I have to say not many of our children reach Point 3.

Are you looking for a format for recording children's progress?

Hi

Our pre-school is still using the fsp im just experimenting at the momant and finding my way around!!

Our pre-school worked together with the reception year and we scored on the stepping stones using the colours as guidence (cream,blue,green)some achieved some in the grey.

The scales booklet i think is meant for all practitioners and just wondered if anyone had seen it.

thanks for replying

The new profile booklets haven't been published yet. For this year schools are expected to work with the old booklets with two minor changes in CLL (that have obviously been thought out in a hurry). While anyone can access the booklets or download copies there is no advantage to do so. The 13 scales are

PSE ~ dispositions and attitudes

social development

emotional development

CLL~ Language for communication and thinking

linking sounds to letters

reading

writing

MD~ Numbers as labels

Calculation

shape space and measure

KUW

PD

CD

There are 9 scale points to each of the 13 scale areas

I am a teacher in a reception class and don't use the profile booklets as it is not a legal requirement to fill them in only to report a score for each area at the end of the FS. As a childminder you won't be expected to report the scores unless you have children who won't be starting school until Y1.

Hi - I am also preschool and we were told they were not suitable for our age group/ setting by our Early Years advisor. However, advice often varies from area to area and I suppose it depends on the age of the children in your setting. (Most of ours move on to school nurseries). I would imagine that very little of the book is of use in a preschool anyway as a way of tracking and recording progress and development, and you would have to supplement it with lots of other methods to cover all the amazing things the little cherubs accomplish on a daily basis!! Lots of luck, Ann. :o

The new profile booklets haven't been published yet. For this year schools are expected to work with the old booklets with two minor changes in CLL (that have obviously been thought out in a hurry). While anyone can access the booklets or download copies there is no advantage to do so. The 13 scales are

PSE ~ dispositions and attitudes

social development

emotional development

CLL~ Language for communication and thinking

linking sounds to letters

reading

writing

MD~ Numbers as labels

Calculation

shape space and measure

KUW

PD

CD

There are 9 scale points to each of the 13 scale areas

I am a teacher in a reception class and don't use the profile booklets as it is not a legal requirement to fill them in only to report a score for each area at the end of the FS. As a childminder you won't be expected to report the scores unless you have children who won't be starting school until Y1.

Thank you so much it looks really obvious really when its down on paper.

As an accreditted childminder i wanted to be sure i had everything that i may of needed.

I do have one child who will not be starting school until they are moving into year one .

Thank you again.

In the Statutory framework book in the EYFS pack ,page 44 is the Assessment scales and the 9 points for each - not sure if this is what you looking for .

FYI hard copies of the optional booklet is being phased out by NAA/QCA and won't be available from next year.

""From 2009 the hard copy of the Foundation stage profile optional booklet will be phased out, but the eProfile will continue to be available.""

Cx

Edited by catma

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)