Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Percy The Park Keeper

I am doing a week theme on Percy the park keeper after the hols and would be very grateful for any ideas linked to it for continuous provision areas, seem to be a bit brain dead at the mo hopefully just in need of a 2 week break!!!!

Guest Wolfie

How about some compost/earth, etc. in the sand tray and lots of flower pots and gardening tools?

My favourite Percy story is the one about the hedgehog who was sad because he couldn't play with balloons because they kept popping... :o

Sorry - got no ideas I'm afraid but I did just want to share!

Maz

Thanks everyone, I have done a search and have been trying to access the Percy stuff on the teachers net site that someone suggested but to no avail as yet

How about a CLL area where you put out gardening stuff like spades, pots, packets of seeds, etc. and a sign that says

"Come and look at our alphabet garden!"

Put out plastic/wooden/cardboard letters and ask the children to find the initial letter sound of each item on the table. Our children really liked this activity. :o

Our nursery has just done this topic all the staff and children loved it. We got some dvds from amazon of percy for about £3.49.We turned one of the areas into a garden area and did growing inside and outside, we used our Christmas tree and decorated it with birds etc. hope you enjoy it as much as us .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)