Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Noticeboard

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me. I've just been tidying up our main noticeboard and wondered if there is a list anywhere that tells me what HAS to be up on display. What has everyone else got? We are a committee run preschool based on a school site.

Thanks

Caro

I am from a committee run preschool on a school site too. I don't have a list of things that should be on the notice board but i can tell you what we have on ours if that might be a starting point. I haven't been at work for a while (maternity leave) so I apologise if I forget anything.

Ofsted registration

Insurance certificates

Staff photographs with responsibilities and qualifications

Committee group photograph with names and roles

Planning for half term

Policy of the week

Latest news letter

Calendar of term dates

Colour of the week

Poster outlining entitlement of funding and how it is applied for

Parent rota

That is the main notice board. Hope it helps.

Thanks for those. I was just a bit disillusioned that by the time I had all the insurance and ofsted type stuff up there was no room for the other things that I would like up there.

We are limited for space so we put the basic stuff on the board

certificates (ofsted & insurance)

"whats on this term" newsletter which summerises the half terms planning

ofsted contact details

staff photos

information about the foundations stage

We then have several display folders on a "welcome desk" -

policies and current ofsted report

foundation stage (how we deliver it)

Birth to three (again how we provide for it)

SEN (information and details of how and where to get support)

comments book (we stick all our thank-you cards in this)

photo album (regularly added to and updated)

as far as I am aware your required to display the certificates (ofsted & insurance) Ofted contact details, and your settings policies and inspection report have to be clearly available for the parents, not sure anything else is required but it provides a welcoming environment if parents can see that you bother to provide the information.

hope that helps

Thanks for those. I was just a bit disillusioned that by the time I had all the insurance and ofsted type stuff up there was no room for the other things that I would like up there.

On my notice board I hung a lot of documents in one file with a cover stating 'Important docs please read', such as Child protection procedures, FSC & BTTM info, Keyworker info, environmental health certificate, Fire / emergency procedures, Data protection registration, music license, etc. This left more room for other info. However The Insurance, Ofsted registration and Fire drills were displayed individually.

Peggy

Thanks everyone

I've got the certificates up and Ofsted details. I like the idea of having an "Important Stuff" file - that could make our whole hallway look a lot more welcoming. I've also been fairly ruthless with the useful advice for parents, as lots of it had got tatty and I'm sourcing some newer posters. Spring cleaning - doesn't it make you feel good!

I used to include leaflets you can get from GP surgery's, libraries etc. These ranged from immunisations, domestic violence, local events to little poems and rhymes and any useful tips I used to find on the inernet. We also had a space if needed for parents to put their own things, selling, wanting buy, services they could offer, requests for help, anything they wanted really :o

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there is any requirement to pin up the minutes of the last committee meeting on the main noticeboard, or to make these easily available to all?

I think committee meetings are confidential! Gosh fancy not knowing and me being on one!

Staff certainly dont have to be invited or have any say and so I would imagine that parents arent open to them unless there is something that has been specifically addressed for a parent.

But I could be wrong! Heck, I'm quite ashamed that I dont know for certain :o

our development worker has just told us we MUST put up minutes from all commitee meetings, before we only had minutes up from the AGM. it makes you think you would have to be more careful about what is discussed at the meetings! which make no sense!

I've just heard back from Ofsted about this and they say there's nothing specific in the National Standards about whether or not committee minutes should be disclosed to parents, so it's up to us to decide whether to or not. Phew!

We make all our minutes available to anyone really but certainly all the parents even if they are not on the committee, and the staff. Staff are not allowed to attend certain parts of meetings, eg if they are being discussed but they can read the minutes of the discussions. Details of wages are usually kept out of the minutes but recorded elsewhere. We do not display them on the noticeboard as we don't have space, but they are available on our website if you know where to look. I thought as a registered charity all our dealings had to be public but I could be mistaken.

Anything which needs to be kept confidential is either discussed off the record or deleted from the public minutes as necessary and they state "the following section had been deleted for confidentiality reasons". This section is then only available on the copies kept by the chair/secretary.

The committee is elected to represent the group and as far as I am aware has a duty to report back to the rest of the group so that everyone knows what they are doing and can check that the group is being managed correctly. I suppose they could do this by putting out some sort of letter with a summary of main points rather than the actual minutes but why make more work for themselves? All meetings should be open to everyone in the group unless a closed meeting has been called (or part of the meeting is closed for reasons of confidentiality) and as such everyone needs to have written notice of when the meeting is to be held. As holly says, this is part of the legislation laid down by the Charity Commission - all committee dealings have to be transparent.

I found this on the Charity Commission website

The minutes of trustees' meetings must be made available to all charity trustees and where necessary, to appropriate professional advisers (eg auditors). Minutes of trustees' meetings are not open documents and do not have to be made available for public inspection, unless the charity's governing document requires this. The minutes of a general meeting are usually made available to members (in the case of a charitable company they have to be) but do not have to be made available for public inspection unless the charity's governing document requires this.

From this publication.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)