Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nappy Times?

Guest AllyB

Guest AllyB

I know this website is dedicated to the foundation stage but..... what time settings do nurseries use for nappy changing? I imagine you have to change the nappies at regular intervals but how regular? And if a child has to be changed in between these intervals do they get changed at the next nappy time or so many hours after they nappy was changed...OK so now i'm even more confused! I've only ever worked with preschool before so never really come across the nappy thing before! Please help!

The day nursery i work in has set times for nappy changing, at two hourly intervals. The first at 9.30, right throught til 3.30 - 4.00. If the child's nappy needs changing in between these times we would normally then leave about two hours before changing that child again. However it is pretty flexible and alot of the time we play it by ear. Hope this helps!! :)

Hi Everyone

Within our setting, a 40-place day nursery we change nappies as and when they need to be. There is only one set time which is before lunch. Within BTTM framework it is stressed that routine such as nappy changing should not disrupt a child's learning therefore nappy changing needs to be as flexible as poss.

Hi

when i was deputy in a day nursery we had set times just after lunch and again at 3 when the other xchildren were out playing. all got changed then with flexibility of course and then only if needed inbetween..........

Hi,

I work in a private day nursery, our nappy times are roughly 10am, 2pm and 4 pm. If any child needs changing between these times we will change them and then check their nappy at the next nappy changing time, if it needs doing again it will be done and if not we will check it later. As said before it needs to be kept flexible and as un-distruptive as possible.

Hope this helps :o

Hi,

I work in a pre-school, so nappy changing should not be an issue.

But it is.

We take children now from 24 months, completely untrained if that is the case.

If any child feels (or looks, or smells) uncomfortable, I offer them a nappy change (and the chance to use the toilet). If they do not want to use the toilet, I complete the change and we go through the post-toilet hand washing procedure together.

I use the fantastic one-to-one time for each and every curriculum area. I do it with SEN, EAL, mainstream. There is lots of progress in every case (hence my planned book, which some of you will already know about, ha, ha).

Diane.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)